Last updated August 2017
3. Use of Tracking Technologies. Cortica and third parties on Cortica’s behalf use various tracking technologies, including without limitation cookies, web beacons, tokens, web analytics and other clickstream data, to collect, store, analyze, use and disclose information from and about Users’ devices, Users’ activities on the Website, and Users’ activities on the Internet, generally, in order to:
6. Third Party Websites. The Website may contain third party advertising and links to third party websites. Cortica is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these advertisers or websites. Please contact such advertisers or websites directly for more information about their privacy practices. Cortica expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases Cortica from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to third party advertisers and/or the use of links to third party websites that may appear on the Cortica Website, including without limitation such websites’ availability, privacy policies, content, advertising, and/or products or other materials.
7. Security. Cortica uses commercially reasonable security measures in an attempt to keep User Information secure, including without limitation Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for sensitive User Information such as financial information. However, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Cortica does not represent or warrant that User Information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. Any User Information is provided to Cortica at User’s own risk.
9. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THIS WEBSITE CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY PROTECTED AGAINST INTRUSION ATTEMPTS. CORTICA DOES NOT CONTROL THE DEVICES, COMPUTERS, OR INTERNET CONNECTIONS OVER WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SEND USER INFORMATION, AND, THEREFORE, CANNOT PREVENT INTERCEPTIONS OR COMPROMISES OF YOUR INFORMATION WHILE IN TRANSIT TO, OR ENTERED OR STORED ON OR IN, THE CORTICA WEBSITE. CORTICA MAKES NO GUARANTEE AS TO, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO, THE SECURITY, INTEGRITY, OR CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY USER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM, OR STORED WITHIN, THIS WEBSITE. YOU ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF USING THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BY TRANSMITTING USER INFORMATION TO CORTICA THROUGH THE WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CORTICA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY FEES AND PENALTIES WHICH MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR CONNECTIVITY TO OR FROM THIS WEBSITE IN ANY MANNER, INCLUDING YOUR DISCLOSURE OF USER INFORMATION TO CORTICA.
10. Choices Available to Users. Users can choose not to provide certain User Information, but the failure to provide certain User Information may result in the User being unable to use certain features of the Website or services, such as registration and use of teleconsultation services. Users can correct, delete inaccuracies, change or remove account information at any time by adjusting the User profile.
11. Electronic Communications from Cortica. By using the Website, You hereby consent to Cortica and/or third parties acting on behalf of Cortica sending to User electronic messages relating to Cortica’s services and the business of Cortica. Users may choose whether to receive communications from Cortica or third parties with which Cortica has a commercial relationship by adjusting the User profile. Users who need assistance opting out of communications can contact Cortica at email@example.com. Users will be given the opportunity, in any commercial email sent by Cortica, to opt-out of receiving such communications in the future using the link at the bottom of the email, although Users may not opt-out of receiving administrative emails. It may take up to 10 days to process an opt-out request. Opting out of Cortica communications will not automatically opt User out of third-party linked Websites.
12. Public Forums. Any User Information disclosed in public areas of the Website, such as message boards, becomes publicly-available information, and Users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose such User Information publicly. Cortica expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases Cortica from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any User Information, including without limitation to any acts by Users or third parties with respect to such User Information. To request removal of User Information from Cortica’s public areas, contact Cortica at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, Cortica may not be able to remove User Information, in which case Cortica will let User know if and why it is unable to do so.
13. Protection of Children’s Privacy. The Website is not directed to children, and Cortica does not anticipate that the Website is likely to be accessed by children. Therefore, Cortica does not intend to collect information from individuals under 18 years of age or who have not been legally emancipated. If it is discovered that Cortica has inadvertently collected information from an individual not meeting these requirements, Cortica will promptly take all reasonable measures to delete that data from databases and systems.
By mail: 10201 Wateridge Circle, Ste 450, San Diego, CA 92121.